Wednesday, March 7, 2018

#AMMConnect

Starting off my mentee bio for AuthorMentorMatch with a profile pic.
I write realistic YA fiction. The novel I plan to enter in AMM is a YA thriller. My WIP is a YA contemporary with romance. I have a sketchy plot line created for another YA with paranormal elements, this one set in India. 
All my novels have Indian-American MCs.
I'm a physician and a member of SCBWI, settled in Michigan with my supportive husband, two wonderful kids, and one attention-seeking cat (profile pic below) 



Here's the blurb:

TITLE:TARNISHED.  

GENRE: YA thriller #ownvoices

Word count: 62,000 words, 

Comp titles: VANISHING GIRLS 
                    ONE OF US IS LYING

For half a decade, sixteen-year-old Tanvi has prayed that her cousin Mimi isn’t dead like the police presume. The only memory Tanvi has of the day Mimi vanished is waking up bruised and in a muddy dress she had no recollection of getting into. Since then, she’s lived with the fear that she might be responsible for Mimi’s disappearance, or worse, her death.
                                  
Her prayers are answered when she spots Mimi in the nearby woods. But, when Mimi comes at her with a knife, Tanvi realizes that her cousin isn’t craving a reunion—she’s back to kill her. With her memory still elusive and Mimi in hiding again, Tanvi must piece together the events of the day Mimi went missing, or else end up dead at the hands of her murderous cousin.

TARNISHED has been through multiple rounds of editing at the hands of my awesome beta readers. It's been picked apart and put together and edited extensively. I'd love a mentor who can take it to the next level. Writing is my therapy. But I rock revising and am eager to put in the effort required to make the story as enticing as possible.
Thanks for reading :) 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great - kinds similar to mine in some respects, but definitely a different vibe. I'm always a little torn about the 'is it Mystery or Thriller', but yours definitely sounds like a Thriller. And what's the setting for your story - seems like it could play a big role in how it feels: small town? the 'burbs? I'm seeing this as full of winter scenes, leafless trees, patches of snow, but that's just where my mind went. Could work anywhere and I think if you include that in your description it really helps the reader imagine it. Good luck with #AMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting selected for #AMM! I look forward to reading your story in print before too long :)

    ReplyDelete